Monday, October 22, 2007

How to SELL Without SELLING, and Sell MORE

By Erik Carter After test driving the car, I sat down with the salesman. He pulled out an invoice and asked me what options I wanted. "Aren't we going to discuss the price?" I asked. He put the invoice back into the drawer, and said, "Look, if you're not interested, someone's going to come in to buy that car."
So I went down the street to another dealership. I told the salesman specifically I wanted an automatic, because I had never driven a manual transmission. He told me that the only car that had all the specifications I requested was a 5 speed. When I told him that I didn't want it, because I couldn't drive a manual, he said, "Our manuals are the easiest in the world! Here, let me show you!" And he gave me a 15 or 20 minute lesson in driving a 5 speed (which I picked up pretty quickly).
I told him I wasn't sure I wanted a manual, and that I was going to keep looking at other cars. He gave me his card and said to call him if I still wanted the car later. I test drove other cars, and ended up buying the 5 speed that this salesman taught me to drive.
Building a relationship with your customer is the best way to sell your product or service.
The first salesman could not care less about me, or a relationship. The second salesman took time to help me out.
The second salesman got the sale.
When I needed a new car a few years later, that particular company was my FIRST stop. And I bought ANOTHER car from that company (albeit at a different location). And I have recommended these cars to all my friends.
Establish relationships with your online customers, and they will buy from you repeatedly. And they will build your list, by referring their friends. And they will tell you what they are looking for, so you won't need to send out questions and do teleseminars.
Manage your customer relationships, and you can free yourself from the gurus. ERIK CARTER's focus is on improving your relationships with ALL aspects of your life, including maintaining START YOUR LIFE NOW! (http://StartYourLifeNOW.bravehost.com), dedicated to helping you EVOLVE your customer lists into customer COMMUNITIES, as well as the FITNESS Portal (http://fitnessportal.bravehost.com), focused on making fitness seamless with your life, and "Aggressive Pleadings For The Non-Custodial Father" (http://dadpleadings.bravehost.com), for fathers who want to RAISE their kids, not just visit them. When all is said and done, you will be remembered by your FRIENDS, not your BANKS. Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/?expert=Erik_Carter http://EzineArticles.com/?How-to-SELL-Without-SELLING,-and-Sell-MORE&id=416558 blackhat seo blackhat yahoo search spamming seo